Clementine slept in this morning until 8 and I thought to myself "Gee whiz, this Valentine's day is off to a great start!" I made her heart-shaped blueberry waffles, sipped my coffee and we giggled and planned a lovely day together.
And all that went out in an instant an hour later when those blueberry waffles (and everything this girl has eaten, EVER) was yakked into my lap, on the couch, the carpet, etc. I trudged into the bedroom where Cam was still sleeping, dragging my shocked, dripping wet girl behind me. Without a single complaint, that man o' mine jumped out of bed, checked on Clementine and then cleaned the whole mess up while Clementine and I hosed off in the shower.
The day's plans would have to be rescheduled.
The rest of the day, our girl was glued to my side. Blanket, binky (eeek!), mommy. She let me hold her close, kiss her cheeks, play with her hair, and--get this--she napped in my bed with me! We watched Enchanted and Kung Fu Panda while sipping broth and 7Up, all three of us huddled together on the couch with every single cuddly blanket we own. When the coast was clear, we blew bubbles on the deck and admired all the growth in the yard.
This Valentine's day contained zero romance and all the wrong kind of excitement, but I got to spend it with two people I love more than I could ever explain. Wouldn't change a thing.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment