Friday, February 19, 2010

Clementine this week

For Valentine's day, Cam and I let Clementine pick out her first pair of big girl panties (to accompany her big girl Pull-Ups, of course). She choose a pack of My Pretty Pony underpants. Somehow this small purchase was the push she needed. Clementine has been using the potty pretty much since!
Clementine now runs to the bathroom saying "Pee pee....potty...potty...daddy!" and Cam follows behind, gets her all set up and then leaves the room, closing the door behind. We've discovered the only chance of getting that pee pee in the potty is with the door closed-she likes privacy? Just wait till she discovers this blog!
So, she's done it! She seems to be mostly potty trained. That's not how I thought it would go (a phrase I repeated 200 times a day, at least) but it worked! Best $3.99 I ever spent!

**********************************

Here's a conversation I had with Clementine today on the way home from school:
"Clem! I missed you! Did you have so much fun at school today?"-me
"No fun!"-she (melodramatically)
"Did you get a snack?"
"No snack!"
"Did you go outside in the sunshine to play?"
"No outside."
"Did you play baby dolls and crawl through the tunnel with your friends?"
"No friends."
"Well, you must have gone pee pee in the potty today!"
"No potty."
"What was for lunch today?"
"No lunch."

She is 2 going on 13.

*********************************
Our entire world revolves around potty these days (can you tell?). We are always talking about it, always asking her about it.
Clementine wanted to play teacher/mommy this week and she asked me to lay down on a pillow that had fallen on the floor. "Lay down, mommy," she says to me. I oblige and she brings over the fuzzy green blanket, places it over my back and rubs me. I love it so I pretend to sleep.
"Night night, Mommy, " she says and starts to walk away. In a heartbeat, she's back--I hope it's to rub my back some more. But instead, she lifts up the back of my jeans, looks down and says "Mommy? Are you poopy?"
It's hard to pretend sleep when your giggling so hard tears are rolling down your cheeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaa! It sounds like diaper days are gone...Clementine is a big girl for real now! We will be seeing you in a couple weeks..we can't wait..Love, Grandma and Grandpa Revard