Monday, August 24, 2009

Lynden Fair

Last weekend we trekked on over to Lynden for the County Fair. I love fairs. I have very fond memories of the half days the UP school district would issue so that we could all skip school and go to the fair. They even passed out free tickets so everyone could go! Those were the good ol' days.

Enough about me, let's talk about Clementine's first fair experience. She LOVED it!
She got to try cotton candy for the first time: And check out all the animals. Cows are a big deal to this little girl. That's putting it mildly, actually. Clementine is obsessed with cows. Since we moved to the sticks we regularly see cows, horses and goats on our commute to town each day (I LOVE IT). In the car, Clem points out every single animal we see and will often say "OH WOW!" or "OH BOY!" then she follows these exclamations with the animal's sound. She can do almost all of them but cows are definitely the big winners.
When we entered the cow exhibits Clementine nearly worked herself into a frenzy. She was squealing and moo-ing her little heart out. It created quite a spectacle. We were able to get quite close to all the cows and we even got to see cows giving birth (I felt sorry for them). We spent the most time here letting Clem get her fill.
Then we got Clementine a turn on the merry-go-round. I wasn't sure how this would go and if she would stay seated. She did a great job and loved the ride.
In true Clementine fashion she had to check out how this operation worked.

Look at this big kid loving her carousel ride!





I wish the fair was every weekend!


No comments: