Thursday, August 27, 2009

Around the House This Morning

The countdown is on till I go back to school next week. I am sad to be going back to work because that means less time with Clem, no more puttering around the house and certainly no more naps for me!
At the beginning of summer I thought my mile-long to-do list was completely attainable. For the most part, I have gotten quite a lot of it done but the two biggest, most expensive projects (landscaping the backyard, painting and tiling our master suite) just didn't make the cut.

I did complete a lot of little projects (which always seemed to turn out bigger than I planned for). Here are a few of them:

Of course, the yard work--OH THE YARD WORK!!! The hours of weeding I've put into this yard are numerous. The number of dump runs Cam has taken with the bed of his truck packed full of yard waste has been ridiculous. And I still haven't touched the weeds on the north side of the house! EEK!
Here's what my veggies were doing this morning. Mostly basking in the sun. I love checking out their overnight progress. It seems like while I am sleeping all the produce is getting ready for me.
Look at this little surprise I found! Our first pumpkin! There are many many other starts in there but they just look like tight green fists. This guy is bigger than my fist and truly orange! YAY!
Another set of roses rescued from Cam's work several months ago! I doubted their survival but here they are! Their first set of blooms!

The other day I mentioned that our sunflowers were in an awkward teenage phase. Most of them still are but one decided to show it's pretty face to the word this morning! A yellow cheerful sunflower-our first-that was so full of bees this morning that the flower seemed to be humming!


Back inside the house I had several small projects that got ticked off the list.
I have been trying to fill in all the white walls this summer. Our green dining room wall became a picture wall with all of our favorite photos. When Clementine finishes eating, she gets up from her seat and goes down the row of pictures here saying "Baby, baby, baby, MAMA! Baby, baby, DADDY!"



I realize that I haven't put up pictures of Clementine's cheery room before. Clementine's room is the happiest room in our house. This summer, I've been working toward making this more a little girl's room rather than a baby's. I didn't have to do much. We've added a few details; like the flower and butterfly wall decals. I just put these up a few days ago and Clementine loves them. I also made the green pompoms in the corner there. I think I will add a few more to really fill this space in.



Clementine's changing table and summer dresses hanging up.


More decals on the entrance wall and closet doors.


As my favorite designer, David Bromstad, would say-this quilt was our "color inspiration" for Clementine's room. Great Aunt Jill made this pink and green Beatrix Potter quilt for Clem and we love it. It's so cheerful and we used the colors here throughout the rest of the room.











No comments: