Saturday we trekked on down to Arlington for a little trip to the Kangaroo Zoo. The weather was perfect and we had such a blast introducing our fearless animal lover to all kinds of new critters.
For me, the best part of Kangaroo Zoo was this kid (get it, kid?). A 3 month old pygmy goat. When we got to the zoo she was lying on the porch greeting visitors. She followed us around the rest of the zoo.

She was so cute and very cunning. She could shimmy underneath the fences and followed the group around waiting for rubs and snacks.

Seriously, I was so in love with this pygmy goat I was trying to think of ways to sneak her out with us. We had the stroller and I considered smuggling her out in the stroller. Cam said no. That's ok because I'm going to ask for a pygmy goat for my birthday--then I won't have to weed anymore!

On to the kagaroos! We got to go pet and feed the kangaroos in a couple of the enclosures. There were two guides there and they pointed out which kangaroos were into being pet and which ones to leave alone.

They gave us bread to feed the kangaroos. Clem kept eating the bread (it's ok, it was organic whole wheat) and staring at the other kids on the tour feeding them. I stepped in to guide her in the right direction.

She still didn't get it. But I got to feed the 'roo a bunch of times and that was really fun. They are very sweet and feel like rabbit fur.

As we were getting ready to leave this one's enclosure Clementine stepped on her tail! I mean, really stepped on it! I thought maybe the kangaroo would get angry or punch her, but nothing! Didn't even register.

There were a couple of llamas there, too. Cam made out with one-right in front of me!

Just kidding, we got to feed them alfalfa this way! What a trip!

We also saw peacocks-

and a male tortoise--his mate was sitting on a nest!

We also saw lemurs-

and a crazy ostrich!

Clementine was absolutely fearless on this adventure. There were several other kids on the tour with us that would squeal or run away or hide behind their mom's legs. Not my girl. She would have climbed right into the pens if we weren't looking!

She is a natural animal lover!
No comments:
Post a Comment