Today the fam and I crossed the last item off of our Summer Bucket List with a trip to Artist Point! Artist point is the furthermost point that one can drive on Mt. Baker.
(some of you will recall that I attempted driving this myself 2+ years ago. Cam was too tired to drive and napped in the passenger seat and a toddler Clem sat in the back singing away as I attempted switchback after switchback on the unrailed part of the mountain. In dense fog. Driving so slowly that the cars behind me began honking, waking up Cam. When I pulled over--I couldn't take it anymore--I barfed over the side of the road. I couldn't allow myself to even be driven up that road. The point of this story is that it's STEEP and unprotected. Cam drove this time.)
We made it to the top this time. It felt like we were on top of the world. So beautiful up there and we picked such an amazing day to go.
While my sure-footed loves were trekking all over the craggy rocks, I took selfies with my baby loves and meandered slowly over the paved trails.
Finally, it was nearly time to go and Clem got to play (FINALLY! she said) in the snow that was still on the ground.

No comments:
Post a Comment