While I may not have been ready, this girl SURE was. All sass, enthusiasm, energy and thoughtfulness. Now she has a place to spend it all. We got to school in the first day of Kindergarten right on time, even though her hair ("Princess Leia buns, please.") took a bit longer than I planned.
We rolled up to the building and there was hardly anyone there. Just teachers and students trickling in two or three at a time. Clem was all smiles and glee.
And then the buses unloaded. Clem got to see what 400 kids in one large play space looked like. She was not amused. "Take me home, mama!" she said. "Or let me come draw in your classroom! I need you!"
Well, all the crying I'd done the night before paid off as I wanted to take her home/back to my classroom right then. But I put on my confident mom pants that morning and pecked her cheek, promising a fun lunch date together.
And off she marched to her first day of Kindergarten. She had a bumpy start but held strong. I'm so proud of this girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment