

Strangely, this is usually how I look in pictures; mouth open and at some weird angle, too. I guess she inherited more from my than just my large elf ears.


Some updates:
**I had the loveliest, most blissful experience of my life yesterday. I had a Spa day and I've decided I need one of these monthly. I had a hot stone massage that made me feel like I was melting into the bed, a facial that made me look youthful and rosy cheeked and a mani/pedi that made me look like I actually have time to paint color onto my nails.
**Cam and Clem, however, did NOT have a blissful experience while I was gone! Clem has gone and decided to sprout upper teeth...and we're all suffering for it! These ones must hurt a whole lot more than the bottom two teeth. Clementine is not sleeping for more than 45 minutes at a time these days and it's a drag! Our poor baby!
**Clementine is eating mostly big girl food: bananas, peas, peaches, apple chunks, peas and green beans. Pasta has also been recently introduced with mixed reviews; pasta + cheese =delicious (everyone knows that!) but pasta + tomato sauce = sketchy. We're going to keep working on that girl.
**Speaking of food, Clementine said "Banana" this morning. While eating her breakfast of bananas and waffles, she ran out of bananas and began screeching. I said "Clementine, say 'More BANANAS, please,'" and she looked right at me and said "Na-nanas".
**Onto daycare--she still loves it but she also knows that I leave after a few minutes. That part she does NOT like. She will wrap her monkey fingers up in my hair which always delays my departure by a few minutes. Around the same time that I figured out it would be smart to pull my hair back, she figured out that it's hard for me to set her down if she doesn't put her legs out. That little rascal will curl her legs under her ribcage and refuse to be set down. She's a smart girl but I won't be outwitted! Now I hand her off to her teacher for some snuggles while I sneak out. That seems to be working for now...except when I forget my purse in the classroom and have to come back in! Oops!
**My work is going well. I am full time now which means great benefits and a house of our own in the near future. Right now I am crunching a lot of data and going to a lot of meetings. I don't have classes up and running but that should be worked out in the next week or so. Cam's work is the same old same old (or at least that what he tells me). He is taking some time off this week which strangely coincides with the release of a new video game he's been really looking forward to. I refuse to connect these two events.

No comments:
Post a Comment