Thursday, September 25, 2008

Registering with Sissy

My Bossy Older Sister talents were finally put to good use last weekend. Sissy went a-registering! She brought me along to be that wise, experienced, smart, intelligent, witty and clever voice telling her what to do...and who am I to deny her this advice?
Just as Janna did for me over a year ago when I went to register, I steered Meg away from the frivolous (i.e. car bottle warmers, stroller organizers, car mats, etc.) and toward the totally necessary (wipes warmers, bottle sterilizers, the best binkies, etc.). It was fun reliving the olden days before I had a wee one of my one. I remember the excitement of creating a whole set of belongings for this new little one and the confusion I felt as I thought "Where will I put all this stuff?"

I know what everyone really wants to see. Sissy's belly. She says it's huge and I snort. She says this little one is very active and I reminisce. She says "I still don't have any stretch marks!" and resist the urge to pull her hair or pinch her arm--really hard! Don't rub salt in my wounds Sissy!

Here it is:
Clem got in on the action, too!

After we registered, we went to Macaroni Grill. We love our carbs in this family! Once again, Clementine got in on the action! I swear this child ate half of my chicken/artichoke/tomato and asparagus ravioli! It was really really good, too.

She was such a good girl at the restaurant! She loved all the delicious foods (she ate bread as well as the veggies, chicken and pasta) and the new sights and sounds. Can you believe how well she wrote her name on the table!!!?? She's a genius!

1 comment:

mama said...

I hope you made her register for a pee pad for the car seat!!