After countless hours, numerous trips to the Post Office, five interviews and 16 applications (seriously 16) sent around this little town...I have finally procured myself a job!
If I had sat down and dreamt up a job for myself it would look an awful lot like this one. I am now a half time Title I teacher at a very nearby school. (Title I is a federally funded program to help schools that aren't yet making Adequate Yearly Progress [AYP] toward state/district goals in Reading and Math on standardized tests).
Remember that Master's degree I finished about five weeks ago? I earned my Master's in Reading. In my new job I will be teaching struggling readers how to read better (I did that teaching 4th grade of course but this will be exclusively working with struggling readers).
This fabulous new job of mine will start out as half time and potentially become full time (or somewhere in between) once things get settled in the fall. This will give me time to settle into a routine with Clementine where she goes to daycare (*sob*) and I actually take a shower and get dressed in the morning (what? The dishes and laundry don't care if I've showered right now!) Clementine starts daycare in 10 days and I start my job about a week after that.
Cameron is already searching for houses online and I have the itch to buy school supplies and put up bulletin boards. On Friday Clementine went to the Pediatrician where there were several little girls there her age looking at the same fish tank. She immediately forgot about the fish and was fascinated by everything the other baby girls were doing. She waved and smiled to them and was pulling out all her friendly tricks. Seeing Clementine's happiness around other babies makes me feel so relieved about starting daycare. I think this is going to be a good start for all three of us.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment