Today was Clementine's third day of daycare. Apparently, I am the only one having a hard time adjusting to this transition.
Dropping Clementine off in the morning was something I anticipated being difficult. Yeah, it's not. Once she's in her classroom and set down she crawls away from me so fast she leaves me standing in the dust! She can't wait to see what all of her new friends are doing. I'm not kidding when I say she is the most social creature I've ever known.
The last few days I have been sort of hanging out awhile to make sure she adjusts. But I'm ready to admit here that it's really a time for me to adjust. She doesn't notice or care if I stick around! She's too busy climbing, rolling, visiting her friends and kissing the mirror in her classroom.
I'm relieved that Clementine likes school so much. She has been having so much fun that she's plum tuckered out by the end of the day. I miss her while she's there during the day but I know she's happy and safe there. This is a big change for our little family but the new normal is a happy one.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment