Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lewiston

 Someday, perhaps, my  husband will be sent on business trips to Hawaii or NYC or somewhere exotic and abroad. But we don't mind even the small town trips. We are happy to go wherever we are sent. And last week, Cam was sent to Lewiston, ID. If you know me at all, you know that I love geeky things like history, Lewis and Clark and their amazing Corps of Discovery. I was actually pretty stinkin' jazzed.
 Did I mention we drove there? From our house? Like from the opposite end of the state! But we had a blast. My kids were made for travelin'. We rented Ramona the Pest on CD and that was one of my moments of brilliance this summer. Clem loved listening to the girl her own age, starting Kindergarten just as she will in a few weeks. We all chuckled along as we drove.

Cam knew, but I didn't, that Lewiston as at the bottom of a very steep drive. As we got closer, there were many look outs and we snapped some pictures of town at the convergence of Snake and Clearwater River.
 The kids were thrilled to finally get to the hotel after 8 hours in the car. (We stopped about every 2 hours for a break, snacks, bathroom.)

 Clem was especially thrilled to discover that our hotel had cable (our poor deprived girl doesn't have real TV at home)!
 And beds to jump on!
 Dutch was thrilled to discover that there were new things to climb in,

and onto. (Yes, he immediately got a black eye after discovering the bedframe's corner a little too quickly. You can see it in the drawer pic! Poor baby! Did it slow him down one bit?? Absolutely not!)
 The view from our hotel room was incredibly beautiful. We had a view of the river which was a good thing because the next day Cam took the car and got to work. We were left at the hotel. Clem didn't mind because there was cable. But after awhile looking at the window lost it's magic.

So we built forts, took a walk (it was WELL over 100 degrees outside our hotel. Our walk was short lived and included milk shakes for my shaggy girl and I), went swimming and had a giggly afternoon.

Later, we did go to Hell's Gate park. Why didn't I take pictures you ask? I have no idea. We did go there though. And we had a blast checking out this new place.

No comments: