Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Walk at the Marina

Last week was Spring Break for Clem and I. It was a peaceful, and a restful and a snuggly week for us both. At this point in my pregnancy, nothing sounds better to me than naps and snuggles BUT, I tried to keep a balance between restful things and active things.

On one of these dry, slow starting days, me and my favorite girl went for a walk down by our favorite marina. Clem choose to bring her princess scooter with us because of it's pocket in the front: perfect for collecting.
She rode the first leg (about 1/2 mile, at best) stopping to touch, admire and collect e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g along the way. And I do mean everything.
She found rocks, shells, feathers, cigarette butts, bark from a tree, a washed up tackle box. She spied a bald eagle sitting in a rotting tree, herons, seagulls (and, randomly, an entire lone seagull wing which, thankfully, she did not try to put into the pocket of her scooter). She collected a very good sampling from this walk.
This distance (remember, it was a half mile at best) literally took us over an hour to complete due to this little scientist's observing eye. I tried my best to be patient and did a pretty good job on this first leg of the walk.
But I cannot claim that this patience was matched on the trek back to the car. Clem was done with this walk and, my bladder full, I was too. Clem wanted me to carry both her and her scooter full of material and I refused. So I waddled ahead of her while she grumpily dragged her scooter behind, making snarly faces the whole time.
I love a good snarly face.

No comments: