I've now posted my picture at 6 months and 7 months and I honestly can't see a difference yet, although I am told everyday how much larger I look from the day before (ahem). I still have yet to gain the weight I lost in first trimester which is fine by me, and baby is also seemingly fine with it, himself!
Last week I went to what I hope was my last ultrasound (not that I don't enjoy these, but I am hoping this is it for me as baby will be here sooner rather than later). I had been told two weeks earlier that there had been a big jump (according to the tape measure) in baby's growth. Boy, was I in for a surprise! At this ultrasound, baby was obviously squished with beautiful knees up near gorgeous face. "Those are some seriously long legs," was my first thought. Then I saw this kid's melon. It's enormous. And the shoulders....don't even get me started.
So, the idea in my head that this boy would look very much like Clementine (6 pounds, 18 inches) at birth, and the idea that the birth itself (easy, as far as the pushing goes) would be similar went right out the window. Doctor says this baby is already what Clem was at birth and to expect an 8 or 9 pounder this time around.

No comments:
Post a Comment