
On Day 2 of vacation Clem and I visited the Marine Science Center at Bellingham Marina. It's a teensy place with only 3 tanks total in it (one completely occupied by Dulce, the red octopus) but Clem had a blast nonetheless.

She even ran into a friend of hers from school who encouraged Clementine to actually stick her hand into the touch tank. She still wouldn't do it (yay! Peer pressure doesn't work on our girl!!)

Then we came home and made Dragon soup in the backyard.

And later decorated Gingerbread people.



Day 3 was a TOTAL disaster around here. Cam and I both came down with some kind of stomach bug. I had an OB appointment that morning and, feeling fine, joyfully got to listen to baby #2 wiggle and squirm in my belly while we tried to hear his/her heartbeat (we did: it was 160 bpm).
Cam was able to get into work after settling his stomach with a bunch of meds. I, on the other hand, can't take those drugs, but I did have Nurse Clementine here to take care of me. She was seriously the best nurse I've ever had. I'll spare you the gory details but she rubbed my back and brought me seltzer when I needed it. She is the sweetness.

Day 4 Cam was 100% better and back to work. I was home with Clem functioning at about 5% capacity. She had a Dentist appointment that morning which I was able to take her to. I'm glad she thought it was such a thrilling thing because it's about all we accomplished that day!

On the drive in to town, Clem started getting real nervous. She's been to the dentist before, but couldn't remember any of it. Poor little thing. I tried reassuring her and I think it worked, but here in this picture, right before her first x-rays ever, you can see that itsy bitsy twinkle of fear in her eye.
The dentist and hygienist were both really impressed with how well she's taking care of her teeth and how seriously she takes coming to the dentist.


Vacation day 5 was a true vacation for all of us. We sort of slept in, then Cam headed south to go pick up a little something from Santa for himself (more on that later). Clem and I had another day just the two of us.
A little cabin fever had crept up on us so we watched some holiday movie then made our own hopscotch on the floor using Frog Tape!

These pictures are so blurry because she just couldn't hold still! She loves to hop around in these squares!

We've got a whole 9 days worth of vacation ahead of us still! Whew....I think Clem and i are BOTH glad that the rest of them include Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment