Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby News!!!

Whole baby--head to upper thigh:Finally! At long last, we are expecting baby #2! We are due in early June but I'm holding strong that this baby comes in May (although I don't know how we'll deal with TWO bull-headed Taurus-es in the same house)!
I have neglected the blog for so long and have hardly taken a single picture in the last few weeks because this kid is making his/her presence known! I have been feeling extremely tired/nauseous and just haven't been off the couch much.

Profile (with Clem's same button nose and one obviously brilliant brain!):
Almost two weeks ago, I righted myself out of a horizontal position long enough for the most awesome ultrasound ever.
We were having our 12 week "measuring" done to test for any abnormalities. Normally, a quick 20-30 min. appointment. Well, of course, our little Turkey just wouldn't hold still long enough for the measurements to take place and our appointment turned into an hour long wiggly worm show.
Cam had never seen an ultrasound like this--one where baby has plenty of room to wiggle, stretch, flip over and completely disobey the Doctor's pleas to hold still (he had come with me to Clem's ultrasound when she was 20+ weeks and things were not so roomy by then).

One very long left leg:
The entire time we were in the ultrasound lab, baby wiggled, kicked, stretched, rolled over and sucked on it's thumb. It was amazing to see every single part of this baby at 12 weeks gestation: the heartbeat was ticking away furiously, we could count every little rib and see both hemispheres of the brain. Baby clearly has 10 fingers and 10 toes. At only 3 inches in total length I was just amazed at all we could see.

Baby reaching both hands down to hold onto feet (face is a blur):
We are both feeling so blessed to have this dream come true and we look forward to getting to know this baby more and more!

No comments: