Over the last few months I have found so many phenomenal moms who blog. They post their creative ideas, their tricks and trips, and the DIY decor they come up with. I, then, steal all of their ideas.
I often find myself without a clue what to do with Clementine on rainy days. She's not really a "toy" girl (although she loves her kitchen). She needs to do and construct and figure things out. I found this genius idea several months ago but can't remember the blog I got it from.
It's one of those .99 cent blocks of styrofoam from Michael's, a bunch of golf tees and a shellfish mallet we've never used. I set it all on the tray for her (we learned the first time that eventually the styrofoam crumbles; the tray helps to contain those crumbles) and she goes to work!
She posted this idea the other day. It was exactly what I was looking for, but just didn't know it. I made my EAT sign yellow to match all the counter accessories we have.
(we had spaghetti casserole for dinner tonight--see it?).
I love the color and the space it fills. Cam loves that it reminds us what we're supposed to do in the kitchen.
I also found this idea several weeks ago on another blog (once again I can't remember which, sorry!). I'd never made a wreath before but gave it the old college-try. I am happy with the way it turned out and even happier that the burns on my fingers are finally healing.
They're supposed to be like calla lillies, get it?
I am having a hard time finding my way back to crafting (I haven't scrapbooked in over two years!!) but have been trying to do something creative while Clem naps on the weekends. Both the wreath and the eat signs I was able to complete while she was sleeping. I am so thankful for these inspiring mama bloggers!


2 comments:
We need visual reminders around the house so we don't forget to EAT.
Next on the TO-DO list Emily is going to make a CRAP sign for the bathroom.
Wait until next April Fools days when I switch the signs around and totally mess everyone up.
I love you honey.
Post a Comment