Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tiptoeing through the Tulips

My Spring Break was earlier this month and the shortest week of my entire life. I want a redo.

We did do some fun things though, like meeting Aunty Sissy and Cousin Nolan in La Conner to do the Tulip Festival. Spring Break was pretty rainy so when we woke up and heard there was little chance of showers, we drove right down to Tulip Town!

Clementine was so excited to see cousin Nolan. I didn't even tell her we were going to see him but somehow she just knew! She kept saying "Noley, where you are?" and "Nolan, what you doin'?" on the drive down.

When we did see him, she wanted to hold hands with him in the stroller! It was pretty cute!
While it wasn't raining it was windy! Windier than anything I've ever experienced! I bought Clem and Nolan a pair of pinwheels to celebrate the wind (and give them something to do while Meg and I snapped pictures).
This one is my all time favorite:
There were all kinds of tulips there--here's an Alaskan named tulip!
The scenery was beautiful and serene but the weather was not. We got a few good pictures then walked back to the car--the wind was just too much for us!
Lovely La Conner:

No comments: