Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some New Updates:

Right after Christmas I broke our camera so I have no new pictures to post! (BOOO!) While we decide whether to repair or replace it, here are some Clementine updates.
********************************************

Clementine's speech has become incredible! Her favorite topic is where people are. For example, she talks about all her friends at school who will be there waiting for her when we get there and she gets very excited the closer we get.

As we leave the house each day she says good-byes to everyone and everything that isn't going with us. She'll start with "Bye house!" then onto "Bye Jack! Bye Kitty! Bye cup, bye room, bye blankie..." and on and on. Then she does it again in reverse when we pull back in the driveway in the afternoons: "Hi house! Hi Jack! Hi Kitty!..."
She also loves the opportunity to tell the animals where to go "Jack-outside!" she says. Or "OFF!" To the kitty it's always "GO!" When she's not telling them where to go, she tells them what to do "NO NO BITES!" she says to the cat. The other day she said "NO NO bites bad-kitty!"
She also lets us know when she is fed up (mostly with me). As I left to run errands I tried to kiss her cheek. She blocked me and said "STOP!" I told her "I love you!" as I walked out the door and she hollered back "I KNOW!" (Who is this child???)

She also loves to repeat after us. Especially when we think she's not listening. For this reason, she may not be able to drive in the car with Cameron much longer. The other day we were driving to the store when Cam had a few things to say to the driver in front of us. Clementine repeated what she thought she heard: "Come on, APPLES!" she repeated. Whoops!
*******************************************
Clementine has started gymnastics class. Once a week for an hour 2 & 3 year olds have a little class with parachute, bubbles, song and tumbling time. Clementine loves it. She's still figuring out how to navigate all the equipment but she just lights up when we go. This is the perfect chance for our fearless girl to really shine!
*******************************************
Today we took Clementine to the doctor to have him look at a rash on her face. And because she's been extremely grouchy, clingy and--this was the real shocker--refusing to eat! When this child refuses to eat, we know something is wrong! Turns out she's getting TWO big time molars right now. The teething caused her to have a pretty substantial fever, the drool caused the rash and the soreness caused the crankiness/not eating! Our poor girl! But we did find out that she weighs 34lb 14oz! More good news: the Dr. checked her files (and her ears) and to our delight we discovered she's gone 11 months without an ear infection! Her ears are still clear and Dr. thinks she's grown out of the "danger zone" and we can rule out needing tubes! This made us both super happy!


Those are all the Clementine updates I can think of just now! I hope to have some pictures to post soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are sorry to hear your camera is broken, but we still enjoy your commentary. I always get a few good laughs and sighs! She sure has a wonderful personality and happily is not swearing-yet. The interpertation of apples from assholes is sooo cute. love grandma cathy