Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rocky Racoon


Last week, Clem got her very first black eye. Actually, two black eyes--but on the same eye. Let me explain:
Clementine is obsessed with our staircase. We're okay with that because we usually have a baby gate to block her scramble up the stairs or we follow right behind her.
On one such occasion, I was standing at the foot of the stairs when Clem started to go up. She made it to the second stair, turned around and said "Hi mama!" and fell back into our banister. The mark was instant bruising. I felt horrible, Clem cried for about 30 seconds and then was ready for her next adventure.

Two days later, I get a phone call from daycare. She had fallen from her little chair at the table during lunch. This fall also knocked her chair over which caught her in the same place as the battle w/ the stairs. She had so much bruising on her eye it was disheartening!!! My poor girl.

Luckily, neither battle wound has slowed her down any. She's a quick healer and is already back to full throttle.

No comments: