Monday, November 24, 2008

Hunting Season

Every minute of every day--well, I should say the minutes we aren't chasing/feeding/clothing/snuggling/clapping/singing to our big girl--we are looking for a house. A *H*O*U*S*E* house. Cam has been a major rockstar in this adventure while I play the damsel in distress. I will say it here publicly that house hunting may do me in. It may give me grays that no dye can cover. It may age me 10 years--I will forever blame my crow's feet on this nightmare. And the tears...OH, the tears I've cried! If you've ever met me in real life you know that I am what some might call *sensitive*. Every time I step over a threshold, I fall in love. Then my heart breaks.

The worst of the worst is Gray House. I love Gray House but it's out of our reach--sort of. Okay, mostly out of reach. I've loved Gray House for 3 weeks. I haven't found anything else I love as much as Gray House. We reached the conclusion that Gray House just wouldn't work out. I mourned the loss and tried to move on. Then it seemed Gray House might just work out--a week and a half ago, the financer offered a sweet deal. Cam thought it's may not be just sweet enough. I mourned once again. Realtor dropped the price over the weekend and now I feel those familiar sparks flying one more time.

How does anyone get through this?? Cam is as laid back and nonchalant as ever. I, on the otherhand, am a trainwreck!
Almost everyone we know has already bought at LEAST one house already--so give us your advice!! Please?? How do you stay objective? What would you advise a couple of crazy kids trying to buy their first home?

No comments: