Thursday, December 13, 2007

Traditions


Since we had Clementine, family traditions have become very important to me, and, by default, to Cam, too. Holiday traditions have been the topic of conversation a lot lately especially with Christmas just a few days away. A Christmas tradition that Cam and I have had the last few years is that we exchange gifts several weeks in advance. We are terrible at secrets and I always get way too excited once the gift is in the house to wait.
Last night Cam and I gave each other our gifts. He got me a pair of Opal earrings. I didn't know what Opal was but Cam had done some research and found out that Opal is Clementine's birth stone. Awwwwww...he's so thoughtful! I got him a branding iron with his initials for his favorite food group-steak. And I got him the book No Country for Old Men since this is a movie he really wants to see but must wait till it's on DVD.

We decided we are going to start a few traditions this year. The first one is giving Clementine Christmas PJs and reading her a Christmas story (about Santa) on Christmas Eve. I'm also going to make my first attempt at baking cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast. We'll see how that goes!

And in really important news...Clementine laughed today for the first time! Well, the first six times!!! She seems to think getting her diaper changed is super hilarious and she laughs and laughs at me. Her laugh is a whole lot of gums and a loud holler/giggle. I love it!! Hopefully we'll get it on video soon and post it here!

No comments: