Sunday, December 13, 2015

Fa la la la la, la la la la

I'm telling you, there is something really magical about an eight year old's and a three year old's love of Christmas. It's a BIG BIG thing around here. We're doing a lot of festivities and decking all the halls. 

 We started off checking out the holiday port festival Clem's class had submitted a gingerbread house (below--it's a house on STILTS!)

 Also, I did my nails w/ Jamberry wraps.
 And I decorated my kitchen like this.
 Then we went to see Santa.
Clem wished for something different and not on any list I'd seen yet. Then she told Santa: "My mom told me to ask for a hot tub."
This Santa guy is so great. He told Clem a story about getting Mrs. Claus a hot tub of her own but that it quickly got taken over by his reindeer team. It was pretty incredible and totally sweet.


 Clem got to decorate a sugar cookie!

 Dutchy saw Santa Claus across the room. Santa was actually taken a little break, enjoying some french fries. Dutch went FLYING across the room to talk to Santa. He had been waiting a long long time for this, after all. Before they even got to sit down, Dutch started his speech "I'm Dutchy. I'm three. I want a backpack and toys."
Santa sat down with Dutch and asked him some questions. Dutchy was really way too excited to converse.



After a little visit with Santa, we got some hot apple cider and attempted to dash through the orchard in a one horse open sleigh. It was very idyllic with a caroling guy sitting right next to us with his guitar. Hot cider in hand and cozy blankets in our laps. And Dutch sitting next to us, glaring at everyone as he mumbled to himself "I don't want a horse ride. I want to go see Santa." Taking the worst of Dutchy's criticism was the poor caroler. He tried everything to cheer Dutchy up but was only met with growls and stink-eye. Finally, the singer made up a song called "I just want to go see Santa!" It made Clementine howl with laughter and Dutchy eeked out a little tiny smile (captured above!). As soon as the song and horse ride was over, Dutch bee-lined back to Santa. He's obsessed I tell you!

No comments: