Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pacific Science Center

 Last week was our 4 year wedding anniversary! We decided to celebrate it a few days early with a trip down to Seattle to the Science Center. Clem and I went a few months ago but the boys hadn't been.
 Dutch has been crazy about dinosaurs lately and I couldn't wait to show him the animatronic dinos. This was yet another reminder how unpredictable this fellow can be. He took one step in to the room and froze. He wouldn't move and he was trembling! I think it was a bit overwhelming at first. So Cam plopped that boy up on his shoulders and we explored a bit more. (Cam is being a bit theatrical in that photo above but he said he could feel Dutch shaking the entire time we were in there!)
 Clementine knew just what to do so she raced on over to the control board and commandeered the robotic dinosaur frame. She's a natural.
 Then we went to see the Butterfly House. On this 80 degree day, the Butterfly House was 85 degrees inside! And lucky me, it was my turn to contain Dutchy through the exhibit. He was happy to be up there, thankfully.
And, once again, Clementine, the pro guided us through the different areas looking in all the right places to show us butterflies.

 We zoomed around the Butterfly House as I was pretty warm with a 45 pound wiggle worm on my shoulders.
We had a great time exploring all the exhibits.

No comments: