Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Speaking Dutch

Dutch is our little chatterbox these days. It's non-stop talking marathon around here. I wish I could capture Dutchy's raspy little boy voice, or the way he thinks superheroes sound. But the following Dutchy anecdotes will have to suffice for now:

**A few weeks ago, Dutch was bouncing from ottoman to couch,  yelling out "I'm a bad minion/superhero/monkey!" as he leaped. When I walked over to him to ask him to use his inside voice, I said "Bad minion/superhero/monkey---I need you to turn down that volume." In earnest, he placed his sweet little hand over his bare chest and whispered "It's me, Dutchy, mama."

**Yesterday, there was a bee stuck to the netting of our  new trampoline. As the kids bounced, both of my critters calmly ignored the bee critter. But when that bee landed ON the trampoline, Dutch practically scaled up Clementine trying to get away. They both high-tailed it on our of that trampoline, Dutch, in a froth, said "Mama! Call Teacher Kayla! There's a bee! AAAAAAAAHHHH!"

**Dutch loves to hold hands with me wherever we go (YES!!!). While holding both of my hands a few days ago he says "WHOA WHOA WHOA! Mama! YOU have 10 fingers??? I have 10 fingers!!!"

**The days of him calling Clementine "Shoo-shoo" (from when he couldn't pronounce "sister") are nearly gone. He CAN pronounce sister, now, and he has even started calling her Clem! Also, the days of him calling Cameron "Cameron" (from when he was doing battle for alpha male of our home) are nearly gone, as well. He DOES know who is alpha in this house and he's starting to call him "Daddy" again.




No comments: