We are the kind of family that does one holiday at a time. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, we're over it, moving full steam ahead toward Christmas. To get in the Christmas holiday spirit, the four of us headed on down to Old City Hall to check out 22 themed Christmas trees and see Santa Claus.
There were all kinds of Christmas tree themes. This one was called Granny's Memories and it was my favorite because it was pretty vintage-y. It had old spectacles, kid's handprint ornaments, quilted and hand-stitched as well as some traditional ornaments.
This one's theme was Shiny Things and it had lots of hand made tin ornaments in all different shapes.
Here's Clementine's favorite tree, full of Nutcrackers! It was German themed.
(Fairy themed!)
I get asked a lot about carrying this nearly 40 pound boy on my back (still). Mostly it's the "Why are you still carrying him on your back??" question. "He's nearly three!" And I'll tell you why I do: this kid is a RUNNER. And he's not nearly three, he just looks like it! He's only 2.5 today! My point is, I'll take knowing where this kid is and enjoying the scenery as long as I can. (He proved his running skills when we finished up at City Hall seeing the trees and walked over to the Children's Museum for the babes to get their goofballs out. He ran laps around the Children's' Museum for about an hour and a half.)
When we were done, we checked out the vintage Santa Claus figurines behind the glass. While Santa was there today, my kids just weren't quite ready to see him. Clem was especially timid when we went in the Santa Claus room! She prefers Santa statues.

No comments:
Post a Comment