Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014

 

 We had a beautiful burst of sunshine over the weekend so our little crew high-tailed it to Stoney Ridge for a bit.
 Dutch has been once before but he was so itty bitty that he slept through it. Needless to say, this was a very exciting trip for him. He was excited to explore, excited to run and excited to make a TON of noise.
 Dutchy loved the scarecrows and pumpkins,
and loved running in the wide open spaces most of all.
 
Clem liked the snowman made of tractor tires,
 and her little train ride.


I realized, quickly, that I really wasn't getting the pictures I had hoped to with Dutchy's constant running. So I bought a bag of fresh doughnuts in the hopes he'd hold still. I got this, above, shot. Not my favorite, but he WAS holding still. For the rest of the day, he carried around the same doughnut in his hot little hand.
 And at the same time, Clem found this gourd someone had dropped on the ground. She immediately started scheming: "What can I use this for??" And she carried this little gourd around for the rest of the day in her hot little hand.
 There was a tractor ride, of course.

 And more pumpkin-patchin'.
 Clem found her perfect pumpkin (which I made her carry).

While this last picture has neither of my children in it, I had to share because I love this chandelier so so much. It's made of like 50 mason jars!! I loooooooove it.

No comments: