I love adventurin'. We try to squeeze in some adventure each weekend as it serves multiple purposes: a well timed adventure can get Dutch to take the nap he wouldn't otherwise. Also, I love being outside and exploring new places.
Seriously, I just love this girl.
On this day, we had no destination in mind, just out to adventure (and get Dutch to nap). We ended up in Anacortes that afternoon. This was the day I found a fancy camera lens on the beach (you're welcome Sissy!).
But the real find of the day was this cute cantina. Clem had just discovered the art of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. She was into it. When we stopped for lunch randomly, we thought the place was named for the cook! Instead, we were happy to discover it was wall to wall art of Frida Kahlo! And super delicious food. Seriously some of the best Mexican food we've had.
On Mother's Day, we went adventurin' on the hope we'd make it to Diablo lake (this was our 2nd attempt). We didn't make it all the way there--we stopped at Rasar State Park which was even better! We traipsed along the trail down to the Nooksack River and back. It was such a beautiful day and this was a great park to explore.
After our little jaunt, we discovered a perfect Clementine and Dutch sized playground! The kids got their goofballs out before hitting the road again.

No comments:
Post a Comment