Here are some facts about Dutch that I bet you didn't know:
1. He loves to build nests. Nothing is safe from his collection of materials. Clean laundry being folded by mama or sister is his all time favorite. He collects all the clothes, blankets, anything, then he builds a nest in the center and hunkers down. He would stay there all day if we let him.
2. He performs. Dutchy lives to make others laugh. He started by calling Cam "mama" and me "Dada" just to get a laugh. Now he'll do whatever it takes. Silly dancing? Check. Spanking Clem ironically? Check. Doing the opposite of what you just asked? Check. Blowing blubbers on mama's belly? Check check check.
3. Dutch LOVES framed photos. With passion. He can name every person on our photo wall. His dream come true is holding the framed photos by himself. There has been a temper tantrum (or 10) that the only remedy I've found is giving him a framed photo to look at and calm down.
4. This may be the only Revard ever to not dive face first into meat. At the age that Dutch is now, Clem was SNEAKING meat off the counter, from the fridge. Dutch would rather just have an avocado to himself.
5. This child can eat an entire avocado in a sitting.
6. Dutch hates (and I means HATES) clothing with elastic. Unfortunately, clothes in his size often have sleeves and ankles with built in elastic. If that is the case, we should expect to see him raging and tugging on these ankles and sleeves for hours. Literally, hours.
7. People had told me this about their boys and it's true: he's my snuggler. He could cuddle with mama all day long if we had no where else to go/nothing else to do. He likes to take a few minutes in the morning to snuggle before breakfast.
8. He is obviously still going to be nursing when he goes to elementary school. I can't convince this boy to ween. And when he nurses he does something Cam calls "Flamingo eating." Dutch's feet are constantly finding my face. Dutch loves to waggle his feet around and would love to get his toes into a nostril or mouth while he happily eats.
9. Things that are gross have massive appeal to him. The cat food and water dish are raided on a daily basis. If he finds something on the floor, on the ground, from the back of his high chair or car seat--he's eating it. Telling him "icky," "gross" and "Don't eat that!" makes this a challenge he's happy to live up to.
10. He can sense when a forbidden door is opened or a protective baby gate has come down. Of course, when the opportunity presents itself, he makes a crazy mad dash to get to it.
11. While Clem had her own special brand on eating (she hummed the whole meal through!) Dutch has not failed to make his mark as well. This boy needs two of everything--one morsel for each hand. If I hand him only one cracker, he doesn't know what to do with it. He'll stare and ask for more, ignoring the one he has right in front of him. He must have one in each paw.
12. We (I) have called Dutch "The Moose" since he was 3 months old. Dutch got this nickname from a neighbor who saw the chunky 3 month old boy "sitting" in the grass one day. At that point in his life, he was GIGANTIC. Now he's a fairly average sized 1.5 year old, but we (I) still call him the moose.
(Bonus story, one day at the fabric store, the sales clerk asked me why I kept calling Dutch "Moose." I said "It's been his nickname since he was a baby." "But how come? Why does he have a nickname 'Moose'?" She asked. So I cheekily replied "Because he was born with antlers." She didn't laugh but I cracked myself up.)



No comments:
Post a Comment