Sunday, November 24, 2013

Quoting Clem

Our girl. There aren't words to describe her cleverness or her sweet and tender soul. Here are some recent conversations from six year old Clementine:

-Today at the consignment store, I was browsing the racks while Clem played in the little toy area. She was alone in there for a bit, then a boy a bit  younger joined her.
"Hi! I"m Clementine! I just turned six years old!"
"I"m K. and I just turned four years old!"
K. went on to describe his upcoming birthday party while Clem told him that hers was Superhero themed.
"Do you like superheroes too?" she asks. "Because if you do, you'd like my dad. He's like the Hulk only he's not green. Just big."


-Last week her class got a new student. A girl! And it was BIG excitement around here. Clem couldn't wait to meet her and had a list of things to tell the new girl before the day began.
After school, I asked Clem what the new girl is like and she said "Let me think about it....I guess...she's really just like a rose with a big smile on it."


-At dinner one night she told Cam and I that her good friend in her class E. doesn't live with his dad because he's one of Santa's Elves. But not just ANY elf, E.'s dad is the TOP elf in Santa's workshop. So obviously E. is not only the luckiest little boy in all of the world, but he can't see his dad as often because he's up in the North Pole.

No comments: