Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Artist (known only as Clem)

Can you tell where Clem and I are in this picture? It's one of our FAVORITE places in the world. 

 Today Clementine's wonderful, amazing and awesome Kindergarten teacher sent home a packet of Clementine's writing/pictures from over the last month. It pretty much made my entire day.

Clem knew the class goal for the month: making sure there's a setting and drawing realistic bodies--no stick figures!
Clementine is also learning  how to label. She mostly labels names but you can see she definitely has setting down.
 I love the perspective of this one. In the bottom right hand corner she has labeled "me, mom." We are facing the movie screen watching the Minions movie. You can see the usher walking in the labeled door, other folks watching the movie and eating popcorn. This girl thinks of everything. I love it.
 No labels in this one but plenty of sun tan! She says this is a picture of Grandmpa helping her off of the sailboat. They are tan from being out sailing. Also, she couldn't find a pink crayon so she made due with orange.
 I knew exactly what this was before she could even tell me. Last year Cam and I made the mistake of taking her to the Halloween store. This was a YEAR ago. And she's still obviously terrified. She says she is clenching my hand as we walk by the spooky Frankenstein and mannequins.
 Here she labeled "Mom, Dush, em (me)." and we are shopping at another favorite place: TARGET!
But this one has to be my favorite. She's labeled herself and "Duch". I am resting in the blue gown. The nurse is wearing impractical shoes and the speech bubble reads "Isn't he cute".
"Dutch baby is getting born" is the title for this one. I asked her why Dutch's arms and legs are so wavy--she says those are fat rolls.

I can't get enough. I love this writer/artist so stinking much.

No comments: