Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sewing with my girl





 With Cam's help this weekend, I was FINALLY able to get out my sewing machine for the first time! He  helped me set it up and then baby wrangled as I got to test out my new machine.
 Naturally, Clem wanted in on the action almost immediately and I was happy to have an assistant. At first she was a bit wary and didn't want to get to close to the needle bobbing up and down, but she warmed up pretty quickly and got right in there with me.

 Then a second assistant wanted to know what kinds of fun we girls were having. In this picture I am helping guide Clem's "purse" through the sewing machine while trying to keep the cord out of Dutch's reach. That boy LOVES to chew on electrical cords.
 And here's one of our finished projects! We made a purse for Clem and two Barbie sleeping bags! It was a blast and we are both itchin' to get back to more sewing!


No comments: