Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 8: Dutch's Law

Dutch's Law reads as follows:
1. Mommy is super busy: SCREAM until she stops what she is doing; then laugh
2. Mommy is wearing her nice clothes: poop and barf on them
3. We need to be somewhere soon: time for a diaper blow out of epic proportions.

On this day I'd had it. During nap time, Dutch had one of his epic diaper blow outs while I was pumping, fielding phone calls, cleaning up from breakfast and making lunch for Clementine. After changing his clothes, wiping him down and washing his hair (yup, it was in his HAIR!!) I sat him down for less than 10 seconds when he then yacked all over his clean clothes.

I decided to forgo clothes and sat him in his chair (it was 75 degrees out and even warmer in the house since I was cooking). He was as happy as clam playing with his feet and blowing raspberries to his heart's content.


No comments: