Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Port Townsend in February (alternate title: Brrrrr!)

For the long President's Day weekend in February, we decided to spend a few of those days over in my favorite vacation destination: Port Townsend! A quick little vacation is just what we needed to get rid of the winter blah's around here! This fearless explorer (in the above picture she is being a kangaroo and Monkey is her joey) asked approximately 8 million questions while on the ferry ride over: "Why don't we see any octopus? Where is that bird going? etc. etc. etc." She loves boat rides!

We got to P.T. and met up with my family at the Marine Museum. The babes played while the grown ups chatted.


Later, back at the hotel, Cam and Clem played on their tablets. I love this picture of Clem all snug in her PJ's playing on tablet with daddy.
(A side-note: a good friend of mine who has kids a bit older than Clem gave me a most excellent potty talking tip. In her home, her kids love to talk Potty Talk, like all four year olds have at one point or another. But at her house, you have to talk Potty Talk in the bathroom. We established this rule in our house, too, and Clementine loves to go in the bathroom, close the door and talk Potty Talk in the mirror to herself. When we checked into the hotel she said "Where do I do my Potty Talk?" so I showed her the bathroom. True to form, she asked for privacy, closed the door and let the Potty Talk loose! It was pretty funny!)
Our second day there was cold but dry so we ran over to the beach at Fort Worden. Clem and Cam flew kites (and Nolan took a turn, too)
While Sissy and I compared baby bumps.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Wish I was in PT, too! Love the Kangaroo with her Joey!