
Last week our town got a smidge of snow and school was canceled. I was grateful because we had gotten several inches of snow out here in the boons (I hate driving in snow) AND I got to stay home with my favorite girl! (Cam still had to go in to work.)
Whenever we're home with an entire day on the horizon, I know we'll need to keep the day busy and structured for Clementine. If it were up to her, she would love nothing more than to stay in pjs and watch movies all day. That
sounds lovely, but experience has taught me: this isn't a good thing.
Clementine has about a 2-3 minute attention span so any "activity" she does will be quick. Fortunately, she had plenty of good ones to choose from.

She filled up her lady-bug piggy bank,

Play doh, of course,


and made a snow-person/lump.

Clementine LOVES to wash dishes. Something I am so grateful for because our dishwasher broke for about a week. She was an amazing help! Love that girl!

We went for a walk and looked for animal prints in the snow.

And played in the neighborhood rock garden.

Back inside we warmed up and made a "snowball" letter S. My
favorite mama to preschoolers blog is
No Time for Flashcards. The mama-write is a former teacher and she shows ways to help develop phonemic awareness, sensory skills, fine and gross motor, etc. with your own kids at home. Our collection of letters (this S included) comes from her site.


Then, as I was putting in a load of laundry, I looked out the window and saw this: Clementine outside in the backyard in her underpants. Of course. You wouldn't think this would be comfortable but I could hardly drag this kid back inside. For some reason she loves running out the backdoor in various stages of nudity.

I finally did get her back inside only to find her BACK out there a half hour later again with her pants off (notice now she's rocking her cow shoes).

We concluded the day with yet another idea from No Time for Flashcards: a gallery wall! We hung up various kinds of coloring paper (with Frog Tape so as to not damage the paint underneath). My FAVORITE invention lately is this Color Wonder stuff from Crayola. Those are the markers that will ONLY mark on the special paper. No more colors on the floor or table. I love it!!

Clem colored and drew for quite awhile. We're leaving these up for awhile because she likes to add details here and there as the days pass.

Clem and I had a blast on our surprise day off from school but I have to say, I was exhausted by the time Cam got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment