Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Handmade Christmas

All year long I look forward to doing Christmas crafts. I collect ideas from all over (mostly other blogs) year round and store them on my computer. This year my beautiful Clementine was big enough (and interested enough) to help!

We made alphabet magnets for Nolan (bottom picture on this entry) that are just like her set. I painted the wooden coins and put the magnet on the back w/ super glue then she put the letter stickers on.

For her two preschool teachers I used drink carriers and leftover Christmas scrapbook paper as the container.

Then we filled the four compartments with Body Scrub and cupcakes in a jar (both made by me and Clementine--recipe @ OurBestBites.com), lavender hand sanitizer (we peeled off the standard label and put the teacher's initials on the front with Thickers) and Santa kleenex. Then, to make sure everything stayed in place, we filled up the gaps with little Clementines.


This year my sister and I agreed that the gifts we exchanged would be hand-made. She made me an awesome wreath and I made her a garden gazing ball--neither of which do I have pictures of!
But I did take pictures of the little canvas I made for Nolan's room

and the first four magnets of his set. (I am so into the yellow, gray and black color combination right now!)
I have always loved doing this kind of stuff while on winter break, but this year was extra special since I had my little helper! I hope this is a tradition she and I can make a yearly thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, tell me how you made the garden gazing ball! Barbara Benoit, California. bjanin@aol.com