
This girl of ours loves cows. I mean she really really loves them.

Last weekend I found out SUPER last minute (like 3 hours before it ended) that the Skagit Valley Farm Tour was going on. I quick threw this girl in the car and we headed south to Bow. We only made it to one farm before the festival was over but it was a good one!

We made it to a dairy! I had read online that this one would have a petting zoo but it totally exceeded my expectations.

I love doing fun things with this kid but something I love even more is doing FREE fun things with this kid. And the festival was completely free!.

She got to "milk" a synthetic utter (she LOVED it!)

And play with baby goats,

and a newborn calf,

and several stinky, grunting pigs! (She LOVED the pigs' curly tails)

Then waited patiently for our turn to take a ride on the FREE hayride through the cow pasture



and there was a farm dog named Tank who asked for FREE belly rubs.

When we left (with FREE popcorn and ice cream, by the way) I asked Clem what her favorite part of the day was. I expected she'd say the ice cream or the petting zoo but it's what the picture above this just missed that she loved the most: this baby calf tried to eat my sleeve. She laughed and laughed and thought this was so funny!
We will definitely do this again next year, h0pefully with more warning. I learned my lesson on this quick trip to Bow: Croc sandals are not a good idea to wear on the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment