Having been there before with my partner in crime, Emma, I can say this was a VERY different experience. Traveling to Las Vegas with my teaching partners and principal wasn't even close to my first time there.
And furthermore, it was much much hotter. When we landed Sunday evening, it was 112. When we walked down the strip at 10:00pm looking for a place to eat, it was 105. We did a lot of walking, learning and sweating. That pretty much sums up my trip!
But I realized that Cameron and Clementine need me a whole lot less than I think they do. Dinner (with vegetables!), bath time and school drop off were all just fine without me orchestrating anything (ok, I did pick out all of Clem's outfits for while I was away, but that's only because I'm pretty sure Cam is a little color blind). I'm learning to let go (a little). And Cam did a great job playing Dad & Mom for a few days.
I thought about them the entire time I was there. Especially while I walked around the flower gardens in the Bellagio. I think Clem would have gotten such a kick out of the oversized flower bed made of fresh flowers. It was really amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment