This week was Clementine's 2 year old physical at the Pediatrician's. To the surprise of absolutely no one, Clementine is in the 95th per centile for height (36 inches exactly) and weight (32lb 1oz)! At least she's proportionate! She's come a long way from the 5.5 pound baby we brought home from the hospital over two years ago!! Clementine is by far the tallest toddler in her class at school, she is also the youngest!
I had a minor concern regarding her speech which I shared with the Doc. She is still babbling more than speaking; I understand most of what she's saying but her speech is still really basic. Doc said she's fine--more than fine, actually! With >65 words mastered (thank goodness that animal names and sounds count) she's above average for two year old communication. Just goes to show how much I know! Average for two years old is 20-50 words. Huh.
She also had her H1N1 immunization yesterday and at the time it didn't phase her at all! I mean, she didn't even seem to notice the poke--even the nurse was surprised! Today is a different story with lots of soreness, wimpering and a low grade fever. Poor little bug laid it on thick this morning--so I took the day off to snuggle with her.
Next up is a visit with the dentist! That should be exciting!!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment