Wherever we go, we head out with sunscreen and sandals--or we decide to let our toes air out:
*****
Last week Clementine and I went to a Friday afternoon concert on the lawn at the library. We packed a lunch and found a shady spot on the grass. It was so much fun dancing to the music and munching on our picnic!
Of course, we practically live at our favorite park even when the weather is bad. Now that the sun is shining we're there even more!


One thing I *KNOW* she liked was watching the animals. There were pony rides there (she was too little to do that this year, but she watched!), sheep being shepherded by real sheep dogs (this was hilarious and reminded me of that movie Babe), highland cows and a booth sponsored by the Humane Society with adoptable dogs and cats.
A few weekends ago I dragged Cam to the Highland Games in Mt. Vernon. It was the hottest day we've had so far this month. Needless to say, we kept this adventure short and sweet!
Clem wasn't so sure about the bagpipes (I love bagpipes) but I think she liked this enormous drum. Or maybe it was the men in kilts.....
One thing I *KNOW* she liked was watching the animals. There were pony rides there (she was too little to do that this year, but she watched!), sheep being shepherded by real sheep dogs (this was hilarious and reminded me of that movie Babe), highland cows and a booth sponsored by the Humane Society with adoptable dogs and cats.

No comments:
Post a Comment