She called me at 6pm to say she was admitted and they started making progress. She was going to rest for awhile but would call me if anything changed.
This morning I got a call at 5:30. "Can you come down?" she asked "because he's already here." !!!!!!!!!!!!!
She had woken up at 1:00am to move positions, her water broke and things went so quickly from there she didn't have time to call anyone. He was born at 4:00am. That means she was awake for THREE HOURS OF HER LABOR!!! I'd like us all to reflect on my very long, grueling and exhausting 21 hour labor a year ago. I didn't even know labors that short were possible! That's ok, cause look at the super adorable nephew she gave me!


He is 8.5 lbs and 19 inches long. He is practically perfect in every way! Except for one thing--he came into this world the same day (Cam and) I came down with food poisoning! :( Oh, this is the worst! I can't go see him until I'm all better. No freshly baked newborns for me to snuggle and kiss!
He hasn't gotten a name yet but check Sissy's blog for more details later.

No comments:
Post a Comment